Yoga has long been known as a stress reduction technique and great workout, but many also credit it for helping to keep a level head and get through tough times. Whether it’s the act of uniting the mind and body or the clarity yoga brings not only during practice but throughout daily life, some people find that a yoga state-of-being paves the way for a richer and more fulfilling life – many celebrities included!
1. Russell SimmonsRussell is a pure advocate for yoga and he truly believes that the art of yoga is not a physical thing. He says “No, yoga is not a physical thing. Rather, we use those physical poses to help us realize a state of grace or yoga. To use an analogy for you, a push up is not a muscle. Instead, a push up is a physical tool or technique that we can use to help build a muscle. In the same way, the various poses of yoga are used only to help us achieve that state of stillness…” (Source: GlobalGrind)
2. Jennifer AnistonYoga is a large part of Jen’s life. She credits a lot of her health and wellness achievements to yoga and more specifically her yoga instructor, Mandy Ingber. She says “[Mandy Ingber] brought yoga into my life…It’s one of the most fun workouts I’ve ever had…So have fun and work hard because it will totally pay off.” (Source: AZ Quotes)
3. Robert Downey, Jr.
After being arrested twice for drug convictions, what did Iron Man do to help better his life and help center his mind? He turned to yoga. He says life for an ex-addict is a long, tough one so anything that can help keep his mind clear is good for him. He’s quoted in saying that he “…feels reflective, mellow and fit and he loves his routine every single day.” (Source: Yoga Daddio)
4. Gwenneth PaltrowTalk about dedication to bettering yourself and being the very best you, Paltrow wakes up six days a week at 4:30 am to practice yoga. According to Do You Yoga, she believes that the effects of her practice are present not only in class, but also in her everyday life. It’s given her incredible coping skills for everyday stressers. (Source: Do You Yoga)
5. Adam LevineWhat does the ultimate rock star of the stars do in his off time when he’s not out entertaining people with his music? He enjoys doing yoga for two hours daily in his routine. He feels that yoga is the best choice for him due to his busy lifestyle touring on the road. He also attributes a lot of his back pain relief to yoga. A quote from Healthy Celeb states “Apart from getting him relief from the back pain, yoga also rendered great flexibility to his body and toned his muscles. Adam’s commitment to yoga is really incredible. He has become so loyal to it…” (Source: Healthy Celeb)
6. Demi MooreWant to know one of the secrets of how Demi Moore, now 52, seems to have stopped time and stayed in incredible shape? Yoga. In addition to her vegan diet, she relies on the serene effects that yoga can do for one’s body. She also states that the holistic parts of yoga have helped her through some tough times in her life.